News: In MwM's currently officially supports Rust and Wurm Unlimited.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Server IP/Port confusion  (Read 1308 times)

Frobozz

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
    • Lansdale Admin
Server IP/Port confusion
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
Glad to see you guys are back, but I'm still having the same problem with your servers I used to have.
Both Freeport 7 and Victor's have the same IP in global. So every time I try to direct connect like:
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s67.19.60.116:2302I get the FP7 instead of Victor's. Minor inconvenience it may seem, but when Global is down
(and rumors fly that M$ may shut it down for good this year) that means I can't connect at ALL to Victor's.

I'm hoping that all I need is a port number to resolve this, assuming that these 2 servers are on different ports. Please post the port #'s?? Thanks.
"Whoa that's a ... big gun!" - Jake Logan, TTF

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Server IP/Port confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:51:31 PM »
Yes this is the 1 major downside to running more than 1 server on a box. But do to available resources its unavoidable at this current time.

I'm actually continuing my old work to force one of the servers to a different IP address as the physical box has more than 1 assigned to it. Unfortunately unlike many other games they made no easy way to assign the server to a specific IP.

However FL generally uses only a very small port range.
Generally 2300-2304 (might be up to 05 can't remember)
Obviously 2302 being the standard default.

The servers are also not sticking to one IP when they reboot. They generally have been coming us with the 1st IP which is 67.19.60.114, but they are also using 116 on occassion. I'm working with a few unique tools to help me force the FLserver app to a specific IP which will clear this whole thing up.
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--

Frobozz

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
    • Lansdale Admin
Re: Server IP/Port confusion
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:34:22 PM »
I do sometimes see both 114 and 116 and even 117 or sometimes different IPs
I also sometimes get a direct to Victor's on port 2303 so I guess it's just odds.
I'll just have to muck about with it to get it to work, make a few shortcuts to try.
Cool on the dual server, not much lag I'd not know if you didn't say so.  ;)
We run FL and Star Wars BattleFront II on the same box, never tried two FLs.
"Whoa that's a ... big gun!" - Jake Logan, TTF

mokApokeAlado

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Server IP/Port confusion
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »
I have an AMD K6-2 300MHz and an AMD 800MHz, both with <100MB RAM. What would be a good linux-based server distro that would work on these machines, and is easy enough for a totally networking n00b to set up?