News: In MwM's new focus on sandbox games we now officially supports Rust and Wurm Unlimited.

Login  |  Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Greetings Midnight Wurmians,

This is your weekly maintenance and updates report [server patch notes] for the week of Monday, June 26th, 2017.

NEW FEATURES, MODS, FUNCTIONALITY, ETC.:

New Mod: No new mods this week.

A reminder though: The ship wood types are here. You must have at a minimum AGO's client mod launcher and the server packs mod installed to take advantage of this. This is a large 200+MB download so keep in mind you will not see the textures immediately. Once the automatic download is complete the textures should automatically change live while in game, however if they do not you should see them on your next login. To verify you have the file it gets installed where ever you have steam installed \Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\Wurm Launcher\packs\ in this folder you'll see a couple 40 character long file names .jar. (Ex. 051F4B05E53543C7A3C22858583BF5860A04229DF.jar) If a file shows incomplete (file name will end with .incomplete) it is most likely still downloading.

Mod Updates: No updated mods today.

Bank Update: Hoping to be ready to make the bank upgrade functionality available to the public by next week's maintenance. [Really this time, lol]

IN THE PIPELINE:
Currently we have a number of projects in the pipeline but here's some details on what is close to breaking the surface and becoming a reality within the next 30 days.

A new spell!: Our twin gods Stjerna and Stjarna are both getting a new custom spell. This spell will allow the caster to reduce the number of days an animal 'bakes' in their mother's oven before being born. Priests of Stjerna or Stjarna with a minimum of 60 Faith will be able to cast this spell, similarly compared w/ Fo's Genesis spell. We are still experimenting on the favor required, cooldown, and difficulty levels that the spell will be configured for. Update: The mod author has unfortunately gotten tied up in RL and is unable to assist at this time. I have resumed work on this myself. Unfortunately this has thrown the release time table out the window but progress is being made none-the-less. I have a couple working theories I'm exploring and am pretty hopeful I'll have something to report back soon. 5/29 - I've figured some things out this week, and work is progressing pretty well I'd say. 6/5 - I have the spell basically coded correctly now, and will begin testing on the test server. There is one bug with overall gestation times this introduces I need to figure out and looks like we'll finally be able to make this a reality. 6/26 - Ready for next round of testing.

Admin tweak: I've also been working on a couple things that really only effect the GM staff, but have been a pain in our side. A couple of these updates will be ready in the next few weeks. You'll see me mention this because we have a number of planned GM tool tweaks to make happen in the months ahead in several release waves. As we all know some things in this game are not 'simple' and same 'rule' apply to existing GM processes as well. Update: 6/26 - Ready for testing, moving to test server to poke at it.

GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS, RAMBLINGS, ETC.:
MONTHLY RAFFLE: As you should all know as a thank-you for voting for our server https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/2668/ each month I give out a prize to a luck voter. Since its the end of the month June's winner will be announced next week!!!!

COMMUNITY ASSISTANTS: Applications for additional community assistants are still open. The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. At this moment my thoughts are I'm looking for 2 individuals in different time zones but this not set in stone. I will leave applications open for a few weeks and see what kind of response it generates.

SANDSTONE: Just a reminder....

In the interim if you discover a vein please open a support ticket and I'll manually re-roll the tile for you. Not a perfect solution but at least a solution. If you have already exhausted the tile that's perfectly fine I know where all the veins on the server originally spawned to verify you had one and can give you a new one. Please include in the ticket the quality if you prospected it (looking for poor, normal, good, very good, etc. not necessarily numerical value), if not we'll go to the spot where it was and confirm.

RL/OTHER: 6/26- Well my sinus infection is finally gone. This is one of the more nastier rounds I've ever experienced and took a lot longer to get over. RL is settling down. I'm officially enrolled in my university and classes. Already had orientation and start next week. Outside of running the family business I'm no longer traditionally employed so with the new school work load I should have some balance rather than trying to juggle work, school, gaming, developing, etc.

As always if you need support always feel free to open a support ticket in world so that I and the other GM staff know you need assistance. I have the ability to see tickets, and their status even if I'm not in-world to keep tabs on things. Additionally if its something you don't feel is ticket worthy I always welcome PMs here on the forums.
This will be a short report this week, I will be resuming my normal weekly reports next week. Unfortunately my sinus infection didn't go fully away like I had thought and caused a chain of problems including my feet and legs to swell up few days. Needless to say haven't done much this past week. :(

Despite my activity I am keeping a close eye on news coming out of CodeClub though and the authors of our mods. Server maintenance and backups are on target and I check the core databases for 'crap' at least every other day. (Abnomal entries, bugged creatures, half written entries, etc). As soon as the next beta actually gets released I move it to our test server so we can begin to poke at it and test it.

No important mod updates this week, been pretty quite the past two weeks in the Wurm mod world actually.

Applications are still open for Community Assistants till the end of the month.

The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. At this moment my thoughts are I'm looking for 2 individuals in different time zones but this not set in stone.
WU - Wurm Unlimited / Public Tools
« Last post by [MwM] Heiraxes on June 17, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »
Hello everyone

I am sorry to have to make this post but it has become unavoidable.

It came to my attention several days ago that most of the public cooking tools in Twilight were no longer there.

I first considered that Decay was the issue, but as the equiptment in Watchmans' Docks Public area was created not long after and is still intact with little or no Decay I find myself doubting this.

I now know that at least 1 tool was taken by a player as I personaly found an Item created by my Main Character, NOT My GM, that I had created and donated to the public tools, in the oven of another character (Removing the Name Tag doesn't help ppl. A GM can see who made it). They know who they are and will be spoken to on the subject and NEVER named here.however if the trend continues I will be forced to close down the Public Area until Livesaver makes a decission on its future.

This saddens me as The Midnight Wathmen have always been about helping pthers and community. The Public Crafting Tools were intended to give new players a fair start, not to allow players to collect free tools, and I feel that the tenor of the server suffers if we do not have this area. Please do not force me to close it.

I am asking that anyone who has "Borrowed" Public Cooking Tools from Twilight to return them. Please note that I am not going to take any action against the people who did this. I am just REALLY dissappointed.

[MwM] Heiraxse/GMDragon
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
The Heiraxes Family of Characters presents a new Merchant
Midnight Silver

Silver Items and tools with more to come.

Also check out the new inventory at Watchmans Emporium.
Hint - We have H**ter Ropes

UPDATE
Now added to Midnight Silver.

Cooking Recipes.

WU - Wurm Unlimited / Alts and their uses
« Last post by [MwM] Heiraxes on June 12, 2017, 08:04:22 PM »
Hello Again Fellow Wurmians.

There has been a fair bit of discussion about alts of late so let me clarify a few points.

I have spoken to Gmlife([MwM] LifesaverM) by e-mail and he has confirmed the following.

1. The F.A.Q. is Incomplete and ALL ingame GM decisions override this except where Gmlife/Gmzorya have stated differently.

2. This is NOT Wurm Online and we do not care a Fig what their ALT rules are/were except as noted in the FAQ 

MACROS Q: Are macros or multi-boxing allowed?
A: Macros NO, Multi-boxing with conditions. We have adopted Wurm Online's rule on this matter. Automated macro programs, key locking, and unattended or scripted multi-boxing are not permitted. You must be physically controlling your avatar yourself. Prolonged robotic behaviours may be questioned by the staff, and sanctions being taken.

MULTIPLE CHARACTERS Q: Am I allowed to have multiple characters?
A: Absolutely. There is no limit, however; each SteamID is only allowed 3 deeds, more than 1 character can also be logged in at a time however be sure not to violate the rule above.

In all cases the GM's onsite decision shall take precedence except as noted above or until/unless that decision is over-ridden by either Gmlife or Gmzorya and the GM who made the decision notified by them.

3. Alts MAY NOT be used to enhance tasks (E.G: Main and Alt mining the same wall/digging the same tile/resource in the same area (same clay/tar pit etc.). This is for 2 reasons. the first is that not everyone can run multiple toons at the same time. The second is that with our enhanced action timers it makes it unnessecary to do so and unfair on those who cannot do this.

4. You may have as many alts as you like but only 3 deeds per steam ID and every alt MUST have a specific job (E.G: I have Heiraxes my Miner/Carpenter/Builder, Lillias my Farmer/Animal Worker and Revan My Alchemist and the each sticks to their own jobs with small exceptions like making their own house/shrine etc.

I hope this clarifies the ALT situation.

Gmdragon/[MwM] Heiraxes
WU - Wurm Unlimited / GM Services
« Last post by [MwM] Heiraxes on June 10, 2017, 07:03:20 AM »
Hi everyone

As I am sure you have no doubt noticed, Gmlife and Gmzorya have been away for a while. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused as I try to take up the slack.

I can only ask for your patience as I was a newbie to this game before [MwM] LifesaverM invited me to play and GM on the same day and I am still learning the ropes.

I am sorry to say there are some things I am unsure about like the way Lifesaver handles rental houses and a lot about game mechanics I will just not know but bear with me as we learn together from those players with us who are more experienced.

I am asking our CA's and more experienced players to help me here.

I will still be able to fix your Sandstone as long as you have not mined it out. I have previously done this on the honor system but it would be better for all concerned if you simply filed a ticket and left the dang things alone till a GM gets to them.

I can also deal with Roadworks payment and any little issue you may have with basic game related issues.

Gmdragon/[MwM] Heiraxes (aka Heiraxes/Lillias/Revan)

UPDATE
I received an e-mail from Lifesaver today and am now able to fix your affinities in accordance with server guidelines. This means only if you have a PvP aligned Affinity (Thievery or War Machines and Their sub-skills) If your Affinity is NOT one of these then I am sorry but it WILL NOT be changed without my receiving a Direct Order from either Gmlife or Gmzorya

To those of you waiting on temp housing I apologise. I need 1 more thing from Lifesaver and I will be all set then we can really get this server happening.

If there is anything else I am missing in this list please let me know.

EVENT IN PLANNING
I am trying to get support for an event I would like to run. It will involve a number of locked chests and keys. The keys will be placed in bags and place in pre-selected locations. Each location will be pointed out by a clue given in the form of a short verse. Recover the Bag and return to open the Chest and claim your prize.

Details
Number of Chests 5
Suggested Prizes
Chest 1 - 1 set of 25Q Horseshoe/Saddle/Bridle and 25 Copper.
Chest 2 - 1 35Q Lantern and 50 Copper.
Chest 3 - 1 25Q Emerald
Chest 4 - 5 Farwalker Twigs
Chest 5 - 1 Bag of Holding.

Locations
Scattered Around Twilight and Possibly Hermitage (since we have the portal).

Time Allowed
Up to 2 Hours

Give me your thoughts and ideas and if enough people like the idea I will pitch it to Lifesaver.

[MwM] Heiraxes/GMDragon
Marketplace / Merchant Midnight Emporium and Services (Heiraxes&Lillias)
« Last post by [MwM] Heiraxes on June 10, 2017, 06:53:43 AM »
Merchant Midnight Emporium is open at Twilight Docks & Market carrying 50QL Cloth Pieces, 50QL Toolbelts, Fur Rugs, Mediation Rugs, Halter Ropes and More.

Also Heiraxes Major Skills: Carpentry - 88
                               Fine Carpentry - 45
                               Ship Building - 62
                               Masonry - 58
                               Mining - 61
                               Black Smithing - 50
                               Fo Priest 63.41 Favor
    Lillias Major Skills Farming - 55
                               Forestry - 42
                               Gardening - 34
                               Cloth Tailoring - 57
                               Leather Working - 42
                               Animal Husbandry - 48
Greetings Midnight Wurmians,

This is your weekly maintenance and updates report [server patch notes] for the week of Monday, June 5th, 2017.

NEW FEATURES, MODS, FUNCTIONALITY, ETC.:

New Mod: No new mods this week.

A reminder though: The ship wood types are here. You must have at a minimum AGO's client mod launcher and the server packs mod installed to take advantage of this. This is a large 200+MB download so keep in mind you will not see the textures immediately. Once the automatic download is complete the textures should automatically change live while in game, however if they do not you should see them on your next login. To verify you have the file it gets installed where ever you have steam installed \Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\Wurm Launcher\packs\ in this folder you'll see a couple 40 character long file names .jar. (Ex. 051F4B05E53543C7A3C22858583BF5860A04229DF.jar) If a file shows incomplete (file name will end with .incomplete) it is most likely still downloading.

Mod Updates: No updated mods today.

Bank Update: Hoping to be ready to make the bank upgrade functionality available to the public by next week's maintenance.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Currently we have a number of projects in the pipeline but here's some details on what is close to breaking the surface and becoming a reality within the next 30 days.

A new spell!: Our twin gods Stjerna and Stjarna are both getting a new custom spell. This spell will allow the caster to reduce the number of days an animal 'bakes' in their mother's oven before being born. Priests of Stjerna or Stjarna with a minimum of 60 Faith will be able to cast this spell, similarly compared w/ Fo's Genesis spell. We are still experimenting on the favor required, cooldown, and difficulty levels that the spell will be configured for. Update: The mod author has unfortunately gotten tied up in RL and is unable to assist at this time. I have resumed work on this myself. Unfortunately this has thrown the release time table out the window but progress is being made none-the-less. I have a couple working theories I'm exploring and am pretty hopeful I'll have something to report back soon. 5/29 - I've figured some things out this week, and work is progressing pretty well I'd say. 6/5 - I have the spell basically coded correctly now, and will begin testing on the test server. There is one bug with overall gestation times this introduces I need to figure out and looks like we'll finally be able to make this a reality.

Admin tweak: I've also been working on a couple things that really only effect the GM staff, but have been a pain in our side. A couple of these updates will be ready in the next few weeks. You'll see me mention this because we have a number of planned GM tool tweaks to make happen in the months ahead in several release waves. As we all know some things in this game are not 'simple' and same 'rule' apply to existing GM processes as well. Update: I've also resumed work on this when I need to put the spell mod down to purge my brain. LOL

GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS, RAMBLINGS, ETC.:
MONTHLY RAFFLE: As you should all know as a thank-you for voting for our server https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/2668/ each month I give out a prize to a luck voter. The may winner will receive a set of 99ql horseshoes. Congratulations to the May Voter, the winner is.........

Xiled

COMMUNITY ASSISTANTS: Last week we opened up applications for additional community assistants. The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. At this moment my thoughts are I'm looking for 2 individuals in different time zones but this not set in stone. I will leave applications open for a few weeks and see what kind of response it generates.

SANDSTONE: Just a reminder....

In the interim if you discover a vein please open a support ticket and I'll manually re-roll the tile for you. Not a perfect solution but at least a solution. If you have already exhausted the tile that's perfectly fine I know where all the veins on the server originally spawned to verify you had one and can give you a new one. Please include in the ticket the quality if you prospected it (looking for poor, normal, good, very good, etc. not necessarily numerical value), if not we'll go to the spot where it was and confirm.

SPAWNS: This week the 3rd wave of overall critter increases has happened please provide some feedback on what you are seeing out in world. Any certain areas void of life, abnormal oddities, overloads, etc.

RL/OTHER: Everything is set for me to begin my new degree July 1st. Just waiting on a couple minor details to get finished up this week. I got some work done on the new spell mod this week but unfortunately that was about it. Got another [insert dirty word here] sinus infection!  >:( Second one this year now, so I've been down and out. Just starting to feel a bit better today, and I know I have a few things I promised to a few folks I'd get done last week. My apologizes and I will do my best to get caught up this week.

As always if you need support always feel free to open a support ticket in world so that I and the other GM staff know you need assistance. I have the ability to see tickets, and their status even if I'm not in-world to keep tabs on things. Additionally if its something you don't feel is ticket worthy I always welcome PMs here on the forums.
Guild Wars / The Recognition of Man Your hair Wigs
« Last post by AhjthonyBak on June 02, 2017, 05:10:20 AM »
Women who wish to experience a perfect and greater appearance choose to Wigs
 add more some sort of hair extension. Among the popular head of hair extensions which can be gaining popularity between ladies is individual Lace Front Wigs For Black Women
 head of hair wigs. Even though these sorts of wigs are much preferred among African-Us human population, also, they are quite popular in other racial Wigs For Black Women
 organizations. Because these wigs are made utilizing human being your hair, they look organic and at periods it is almost impossible for the next particular person to differentiate between a natural and human head of hair wig. Contrary to other types of wigs, human being hair wigs give women confidence and produce Human Hair Wigs
 assurance in them.

The fashion industry is awash with women who adorn stylish and attractive human locks wigs. Many women desire to have the same look and elegance as these women, as a result. Unlike the natural Wigs For Black Women
 locks which will take years to mature, a human locks wig is fast and also the female could have any wanted look in just moments. Although, these wigs are expensive nearly all women are fine paying funds to have the ideal Wigs For Women
 appearance.
WU - Wurm Unlimited / Re: Deed Pics!! Show off your work!
« Last post by DouganIronfist on May 30, 2017, 08:55:35 PM »
It isn't much to look at yet, but here is what I have done so far at Briarwood.

http://imgur.com/a/ndGAN
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10