News: We are avid fans of RPG, MMOs, and Space related games. However the occassion FPS is always a "blast".

Login  |  Register

Poll

What to do with FL?

I love FL, and our Server.
0 (0%)
Keep FL group, but drop server
0 (0%)
Convert Server to a TC mod
10 (90.9%)
Time to close FL and the server
1 (9.1%)
I have another idea.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: The Future of Freelancer  (Read 3633 times)

Mort

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Freelancer
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »
 I for 1 as a guild member of the Mercenaries Guild ={MG}= am very dissapointed that this server dried up and blew away. Ya'll went from being the most populated server around to deadsville in a matter of months.
 I don't know what happened, and I don't really care. This server is dead now, and I see no future in keeping it around.
 It was fun here under the MC flag but sadly both that flag and that clan are gone.

I wish you all the best of luck in all your future adventures and I hope that whatever happened here to make this server a ghost town won't happen to you all again in the future.

Peace & Prosperity to you and yours,

={MG}=November
Flying on this server as;
={MG}=Mort
={MG}=Nov
Pestilence
Shiva

[MwM]DarkFire-MC

• [MwM] Member
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 09:41:22 PM »
well Darkfire here

im glad to say im interested in this TC mostly coz i dont know what it is and i want to see how effective it can be. im also glad to say if its needed ill support and help in anyway as much as i can to the best of what i can do!

i hope we make the server no longer a deadsville server coz i want to see old pals again and play with the clan members that i used to play with and much more and lifesaveM if u can email me on any info about this TC mod and the server Smile

Cyas all

Darkfire-MC "Bring back the good old days"!!!
There can be... only FUN!!

HOOAH!!

[MwM] Nitrox

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 12:34:58 AM »
Hey fellas,

I was kicking around with Freelancer, and found a mod over at Lancers Reactor called Flak 88 Mystic Drive, that seems pretty cool.  One of the best things about this mod is that it allows you to use the NPC ships as wingmen.

I talked with Lifesaver and we decided to try it out on a new server, you can download the mod from the download section, check it out, it changes a lot in the game, and it is waay hard now.  Its gonna take some getting used to, but I like what I see so far.  Tell us what you think.  I can't remember the IP to MwM's Server 2 but its real close to the IP to server 1.  Right now there is only one other Server running this mod, so it might have a chance.
[MwM] Nitrox
Clan Leader &
Man About Town

[MwM] Katak

• Global Moderator
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 07:08:47 PM »
well hopefuly we will have the fl site back up shortly so people can get to the downloads section

[MwM] Nitrox

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 12:17:10 AM »
Well in the mean time here is the link to the mod on Lancers Reactor:

http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/news/comment.asp?ID=3576&category=Freelancer

Shalom

Nitrox
[MwM] Nitrox
Clan Leader &
Man About Town

[MwM]_Firebird

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 02:01:44 PM »
^FH^ clan leader Pestilance, Born of Ashes, MC Firebird, MwM Firebird im sure if anyone has been around long enough to see these call signs and enjoy the small war of my clan and MC then you know ive been around for quite some time. Im now a member of the Wildcards squadron and have been for some time. Been a hard core freelancer too on many servers and many different mods. I noticed that i am also the only one thats been play testing this new mod. The mod has several bugs in it like transition times in jh and base docking which will cost you all your weapons, and after a respawn you have double weapons mounted in each slot. Which is wrong and is a major bug. After the purchase of a new ship at 1 mill creds it lets you keep your money. All the ai can pursue you faster than your hyper drive engines, oh and still shoot you which is very wrong. Sometimes in a skermish you will be winning then all of a sudden the ai totally vanishes which is very frustrating cause you use up your arsonal. There are problems with the reputations, sometimes you just flat go hostile, and to go hostile with one of the 2 factions your good with is a huge problem. Ive never been green with anyone other than the -freelancer and i have over 100 unassisted kills of hostile factions..with this number of kills i should be good with someone for petes sakes. All in All fellas i dont think 88 flak:Mythic Drive is for us...just for sheer misbalance of the entire mod. I think it would drive what little players we do have totally away. Heres some other mods that i think we could make work....Void 2112 if we can get the permission to run it in the states. Freeworlds v1.66 is extemely fun but we would half to run it without the patches cause there is a mining field that the light side and dark side can fight over which is open for ample role play. I think the other servers that run this mod do so low cause of the patches. Other than that them are the only two seggestions for mods i have cause ive tried the others and they are plainly misbalanced or have major holes in them. Maybe we should also run a pole with the seggested TC mods of all the clan members and see which one gets the most votes. Then set that one up for a trial run.                 

A Ray of Hope
                                                                        Wildcards
                                                                        [MwM]_Firebird

[MwM] Katak

• Global Moderator
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 08:22:20 AM »
I have tried it out, tried it on my own personal computer to see what the patches do and such, and i must say that having absolutly no mission system can be dissorienting at first, and that this would only be best run IF we could do the high npc patch because it would feel like there are more than a meer handful of people in space, while it does show some interesting features, i too have doubts that this would be the mod for us

Grenade Magnet

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 07:45:49 PM »
I still play...just got back into the game a little while ago. Lifesaver and all ex [MC] members, you know my [MC] email so drop me a line when you guys want to play or have an event, I'll be there!

Grenade Magnet

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 08:12:08 PM »
oh also ex [MC] Zander and I still keep in contact and he plays it too.

Chrysocyon_ZERO

• Stammering Tongue
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 12:45:51 PM »
I was wondering, if the  Flak 88 mistic drive mod doesn't pass the test to become the new server mod, are there any chances that one of the TNG, PHOENIX or ASGARD one could be that mod  ;D? I know, they are all copyrighted mods, but they are also amazing mods, and i would love to see one of those on this server.
The warhammer

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 10:55:33 AM »
It is possible that we might bring a MODDED server back online.
However at this point I think we are going to wait and see out Star Trek: Legacy fair before dedicated resources.
I already have server resources allocated to STL pending its release.
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha