News: Check out the [MwM] Resources Directory thread in the General Discussion forum. It contains information about our Team Speak, and all of our various sites & resources.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Some ADMIN has MAD ISSUES with ={MG}=  (Read 3084 times)

Ant

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Re: Some ADMIN has MAD ISSUES with ={MG}=
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 04:26:51 AM »
i'm innocent on that one - Nitrox tried to explain how to do player restores to me once and it went in one ear and out the other ..... i dont even think it was in english  ;)

[MwM] Nitrox

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 08:16:19 AM »
Grimes,

We set the auto-delete thing at 30 days when the server was insanely busy.  We had at any given time upwards of 3500 to 4000 characters on our server.  Lag was a real issue, and we were doing everything would could to reduce it.
Its funny, because just before I came on the forums today, I was on the admin section of the server, and I adjusted the auto-delete feature to 180 days.  Freelancer isn't as popular as it once was, so we can relax those standards now.  Thanks for the suggestions!
[MwM] Nitrox
Clan Leader &
Man About Town

Grimes

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 08:31:53 PM »
Outstanding! Ooorah!    8)

Extol_

• Fast Talker
  • I'm the best, no one is better
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 02:30:14 PM »
Ya Nitrox I remember those days when we had to bump the players allowed on the server toabout 55, and it was still hard to get in :P

[MwM]_Archer

• [MwM] Member
  • Whispering Bystander
  • Wildcards TC, SA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 06:14:27 PM »
In Apples defence, if im not mistaken he was away for a while with "real world" issues. Im sure he would not have had any problem fixing the account if he had been available. When he returned he had been flamed so much on the boards I dident blame him for not doing a restore. As far as MG are concerned, I miss them. Mort, tell Han and Karma to stop in sometime.
                                                                                              -[MwM]_Archer

Apple_Eater

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 12:45:11 PM »
First note: I said "MG" was flamming me in my post, not any specific member whereas there were multiple (not this guy though, I just figured his cronies would read this)

Second note: I was very busy when the first MG asked for a restore. As his post was not in the player restores thread, I didn't see it. It wasn't his fault however, because the Player Restores thread had not been created when he posted his question. Thus, it really wasn't anybody's fault. I would've been happy to restore his character for him, but then he started to flame/insult myself and the server administration as a whole, at which point I predictably lost interest...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 12:48:38 PM by Apple_Eater »

Chrysocyon_ZERO

• Stammering Tongue
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 08:29:16 AM »
Its funny, because just before I came on the forums today, I was on the admin section of the server, and I adjusted the auto-delete feature to 180 days.

Nitrox, that's really a rellief, because as i said in other topic, at this moment i have several priorities as my third child birth, and don't have too much time for playing. But in other way, i have put a long work on every single char i have, and wouldn't like to loose them because of the time i have to be away from the server. Thanks for that rule changing.
The warhammer