News: Check out the [MwM] Resources Directory thread in the General Discussion forum. It contains information about our Team Speak, and all of our various sites & resources.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [Resolved] Items Database Issue  (Read 99 times)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Items Database Issue
« on: July 24, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »
So after maintenance today I realized things were weird, looked further and noticed any item that was created since Saturday night does not exist and any modifications to items since that time have reverted back to their state as of that time.

I'm horrified and sorry team.

The items database file locked at some point that night, so while things were happening they were getting written to the database but in a temporary state and were lost at server shutdown time. This only effects items so creatures, and structures, changes to terrain etc. should all be fine. Restoring from backup would mean more than items would get effected by a roll back and that I feel would be even more horrifying. So skills, faith, structures, etc. are all preserved and as they should be.

Please post in this thread everything you can think of you have lost and I will make sure to re-create it for you within the next day. We'll have to go on the honor system here a bit so please be as truthful as possible about quality. I need to know Item Type - Quality - Quantity.

This also means that all items that dropped during War-hour last night are gone, so please keep that in mind when building your list of things that need replaced. Since I can't expect everyone to remember all details I will be upping the ante for prizes and quantity at this weekend's upcoming event as restitution. Note: Skills and bounty money earned during warhour were not lost. If you did not deposit the coin from the final boss (goblin king) before logging out, let me know.

Additionally I have reset all sleep timers and you should have max sleep bonus on all characters right now.

I will be writing some type of script this week that can identify if the database file locks to prevent this from ever happening again. I guess there is a first time for everything, and I always feared this possibility from these types of databases.  :-[  :'( Things happen, we have to deal with issues as they arise deal with them and move on. They may be pixels but I take your pixel stuff very seriously.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:49:51 PM by [MwM] LifesaverM »
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
Re: ALERT: Items Database Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »
Everyone that I'm aware of that was on the server during the effected time has been taken care of. If I've missed anyone or you've found something that didn't get accounted for please contact me or open a support ticket. Otherwise this issue is considered resolved, and hopefully will never repeat itself.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:49:28 PM by [MwM] LifesaverM »
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha