News: We are avid fans of RPG, MMOs, and Space related games. However the occassion FPS is always a "blast".

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sandstone veins bugged  (Read 247 times)

DouganIronfist

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Sandstone veins bugged
« on: May 22, 2017, 12:21:47 AM »
I had a sandstone vein with only 50 shards and my WO friend Evari had one with only 54 shards.  This is a known bug with a fix.  https://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/allnews/  Could this possibly be fixed and out sandstone veins recreated pretty please?

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Sandstone veins bugged
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:08:50 AM »
Not as simple of a fix as one would hope at this point but for sure being looked into. I brought this up in today's weekly update thanks for bring this up. Open a ticket if you would Dougan and I'll keep and eye out for you and will fix your sandstone vein until a permanent solution is rolled out.
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha

DouganIronfist

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:54:03 PM »
I was looking at the code and API and the fix to make this work should be relatively simple.

The line in the code listed as:
if (api.getMapData().getCaveResourceCount(i, j) > minRange && api.getMapData().getCaveResourceCount(i, j) < maxRange) {

This line could be changed too something like:
if (api.getMapData().getCaveResourceCount(i, j) > minRange && api.getMapData().getCaveResourceCount(i, j) < maxRange && api.getMapData().getCaveTile(i, j) == [TILETYPE]) {

I just don't know the tile types to help you with that.  If you know the tile type for sandstone, then you could limit this fix to run only for sandstone tiles.  As a coder myself, this seems like an easy fix to make it work.  Although it would be highly advisable to test on a copy of the save files first. (^.-)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 10:38:51 AM »
Thank-you for that Dougan I will explore this more on the test server. I am a decent coder but by no means has it ever been my day job and Java has been a new adventure entirely for me.
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha