News: We are avid fans of RPG, MMOs, and Space related games. However the occassion FPS is always a "blast".

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Increased mob count  (Read 296 times)

wintersakura

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Increased mob count
« on: May 20, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »
So in my time on the server I noticed it is becoming increasingly harder and harder to find mobs, especially hostile ones and I believe it is time to up the mob count! Thank you!

krewshul

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Re: Increased mob count
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
Agreed

Icetrias

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 07:32:13 PM »
We're gathering quite a gigantic playerbase - I would agree with all the farms and corpses we have it would no doubt be a good time to bump up the count by at least a tad. +1

DouganIronfist

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »
I agreed completely.  And I would also request that the percentage of hostile mobs be changed.  I think it is 30% now and it would be better at around 60% to 70%.

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:12:57 AM »
Thank-you everyone I appreciate the feedback, keep it coming. Very excited folks are starting to post on the forums, and encourage more to do so.

An additional thousand critters materialized today, and I nudged the hostile percentage up to 35% with an eye of making it higher next week after I've had a chance to analyze the creature database changes from today. Wurm deals better with gradual changes rather than drastic changes at once the code just makes a mess of things.
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha

DouganIronfist

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
Every little bit helps to make the server a more exciting and challenging place to play and create.  Thank you!

Dragon

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 04:10:36 AM »
I completely agree on a 20k server a 30-35% aggression rating is only 4-5k aggressive creatures. That being spread out over the size of a 4k map will make it hard to find many aggressive mobs.

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 10:31:43 AM »
It is indeed not a small map, and in all reality is double the size of most of the Wurm Online maps since most of their servers are 2k maps. We've had a lot of people come here because on a number of other servers you can hardly turn around without running into a baddie. While some may not mind this not everyone is really into the fighting dynamics. But I also don't want to having to travel to the ends of the earth to find something to fight. I knew eventually this would require tweaking as we grew, and so that's what we'll do. The counts and percentage were again upped today.

As a side note: I was partially hoping to introduce new animals before we got to this point in our growth. Which is why I have until now been a bit conservative in the counts. Since that obviously hasn't happened yet we'll continue playing with this for a few more weeks and find a happy medium for our levels. New animals are still on the roadmap.
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha