News: Check out the [MwM] Resources Directory thread in the General Discussion forum. It contains information about our Team Speak, and all of our various sites & resources.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Increase your FPS!  (Read 398 times)

[MwM]EternalDestiny

• RoM Guild Member
  • Whispering Bystander
  • Main of Aeoluscombustion, nice you meet you.
    • View Profile
Increase your FPS!
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:48:09 PM »
Remove Spell effect helps increase your FPS by taking majority of the spells out...people who played wow should know what it does because wow had something like this, here is the link http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=33400

Basically download v1.03 and extract it to your Runes of magic folder.. where all your folders are for the game. Once you do that you should have a folder called "model". If you do that means you got remove spell effect mod in your runes of magic congratz!! also this is NOT an "addon"!!
A member of Midnight Watchmen, glad to be with you guys.

deathwall

• RoM Guild Member
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Re: Increase your FPS!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »
So the Fps slow down that I get sometimes is not because I have everything on high settings

[MwM]EternalDestiny

• RoM Guild Member
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
High settings, your armor on and your spell effects all determine your FPS in game. If it still bad then you need a new computer

Orphidius

• RoM Guild Member
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »
I also eliminate water settings, bloom, and add Adjust FX.  Otherwise, the Spell effect removal is great.  (Though, I can still see my thunderstorm...).  The only sad thing is that it also eliminates sound effects.

Otherwise, great thing to do...

[MwM]EternalDestiny

• RoM Guild Member
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:21:51 PM »
There is a way to remove your thunderstorm spell effect, because i removed all the mage spells because of lag issues when i'm doing events in thunderhoof on my main.