News: We are avid fans of RPG, MMOs, and Space related games. However the occassion FPS is always a "blast".

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The ReBirth of the Midnight Watchmen  (Read 1258 times)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
The ReBirth of the Midnight Watchmen
« on: December 27, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »
Well gang, it has been forever since I've talked to many of you. I've decided now that some things in my RL have lightened up a bit it time to really get things going again. I'm interested in hear from folks what games they are playing these days, what games coming up we should look at, etc.

Basically what games might be good for us to support and bring our historic banners.

Most of the MMORPGs out there I've tried both Pay to Play (P2P, and Free to Play (F2P).
I think my favorite is Shaiya with Rappelz coming in second. HOWEVER, I was recently introduced to Atlantica Online and Free to Play game. It has been a long time since a game has attracted my attention like this. I always bring our banner with me and the guild is setup. Besides the usual dungeons guilds can even control their own city, have private guild dungeons with drop loot with a higher rate and more rarer than available in the regular dungeons.

This game really is designed for folks to help each other out with rewards for sharing monster info with each other, helping new players, a mentorship system, and a massive 33 different crafting specialties. There is even individual dungeons you unlock with keys. Basically unlike most RPGs where you go and smack stuff, you actually have a party of mercenaries and yourself, going out and smacking things with over a dozen classes.

If you do try it out please use my name "LifesaverM" of course as the Referrer, we are on the Argos server. The benefits I get from the referrals I will dump straight into the guild bank for the benefit of the build. I can also be your mentor which will earn money for both of us.

But besides Atlantica Online, I want to hear about other possibilities as well, so let's get the discussion going.

[MwM] LifesaverM
Grand Pumba of Peachiness
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha

Drafon

• [MwM] Member
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Re: The ReBirth of the Midnight Watchmen
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »
Holy crap the rebirth of MwM now thats something ive been looking forward too, =[ but college is making me be rly busy, try to put up the ts server first and then have ppl talk from there =]

[MwM] Katak

• Global Moderator
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 08:08:34 PM »
I suppose ill give AO a try but it really hasnt been since FL that we have all been truly united under one game.  and if that does not happen i fear more of the same stagnation. and i also fear as there are few of us in different areas and at different levels of playing it is difficult to do most of the mmo idea.

just my opinion

i would however not mind getting on and talking with people  if i hadnt lost that information

[MwM] Tw!tCh

• [MwM] Member
  • Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
Ya i heard of AO and know of a few people playing it. But there are many games currently under development that have caught my eye.

Jumpgate Evolution - space sim
http://www.jumpgateevolution.com/

Black Prophecy - space sim
http://www.blackprophecy.com/

Aion - rpg
http://www.aiononline.com/us/

Global Agenda - fps rpg
http://www.globalagendagame.com/

Earthrise - fps rpg
http://www.play-earthrise.com/

There are a few more, but those are no where close to being released.  All of these games are in alpha or beta (except i dont think earthrise is in either).  If any of these seem interesting to you guys let me know.

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 05:08:06 AM »
I know some friends talking about Aion which is deved by NCsoft or friends the make Guild Wars (I still like that game), Lineage, City of Heros/Villians.

I will check out Jumpgate and Black Prophecy and register for the betas, might be cool.

since Atlantica happens to be a Free to Play it might be something if folks have interest to get the ball rolling. One thing with Atlantica is that its designed for higher lvl folks to help lower lvl folks, this is of course dependent of folks actually using the system as designed but I do see a lot of interaction. There are a lot of rewards include XP earned by high lvl folks helping lower lvl, so I think this is one of the first games I've seen that help bridge that lvl gap in guilds, where you have X people over here this lvl range, and X people over here at this lvl range.

And unlike games like WoW the guild dungeons every person does not need to be uber max lvl.

I'd like to shy away from FPS related games. While I haven't discussed this with them, MC has been coming back to life as well. This time around I'd like to develop some bond, whereas we don't support the same game types. The failing last time was that what I predicted would happen did and that is that [MC] had always been founded around FPS games. Things went down the toilet when we we started the MMORPG side of the house. The details would need to be worked out, but I can see a good relationship develop whereas we support the RPG side and they support the FPS side. Could even have co-membership/honorary membership etc. type situation as well.
[MwM] LifesaverM
--=Light for the Lost=--

Artemis

• Whispering Bystander
  • No regrets
    • View Profile
    • http://mcgamers.com
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
Rappelz is a pretty decent game.  I played that quite a bit before I got back into America's Army.

Best of luck [MWM]

[MwM] Heiraxes

• [MwM] Member
  • Stammering Tongue
  • The Purple Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
Wow. Sorry to take so long to reply to this. As Lifesaver obviously has no doubt noticed through Second Life. I went AWOL for a while again. Things got crazy in the months back across Dec and Nov, but I am back again and ready to roll. I haven't been doing  much except WoW since the new expansion came out but will have a look at atlantica. I also still have my toons in Guild Wars if anyone wants to get into that again (Originla/Factions/EOTN, but no Nightfall).

I can always be found on the Ironfist Ventrillo Server (My current WoW Guild). The details are

Host or IP Name: bromine.typefrag.com
Port Number: 44018
Password:IronDragon (Case Sensative)

you guys are always welcome to drop in, and of course if the TS Server is back up I will see you all there.

Heixaes
[MwM] Heiraxes

Special Consul to the Council, Court Jester & Keeper of 'RATSY'

[MC] Sgt. D

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
 ;D  I'm always open to suggestions Sir!

I know some friends talking about Aion which is deved by NCsoft or friends the make Guild Wars (I still like that game), Lineage, City of Heros/Villians.

I will check out Jumpgate and Black Prophecy and register for the betas, might be cool.

since Atlantica happens to be a Free to Play it might be something if folks have interest to get the ball rolling. One thing with Atlantica is that its designed for higher lvl folks to help lower lvl folks, this is of course dependent of folks actually using the system as designed but I do see a lot of interaction. There are a lot of rewards include XP earned by high lvl folks helping lower lvl, so I think this is one of the first games I've seen that help bridge that lvl gap in guilds, where you have X people over here this lvl range, and X people over here at this lvl range.

And unlike games like WoW the guild dungeons every person does not need to be uber max lvl.

I'd like to shy away from FPS related games. While I haven't discussed this with them, MC has been coming back to life as well. This time around I'd like to develop some bond, whereas we don't support the same game types. The failing last time was that what I predicted would happen did and that is that [MC] had always been founded around FPS games. Things went down the toilet when we we started the MMORPG side of the house. The details would need to be worked out, but I can see a good relationship develop whereas we support the RPG side and they support the FPS side. Could even have co-membership/honorary membership etc. type situation as well.

[MwM] Heiraxes

• [MwM] Member
  • Stammering Tongue
  • The Purple Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:56:19 AM »
Eww. May have to wait a week or two to get Atlantica.. 2+ gig d/l at 1.5Mbps will take AGES and I am low on D/L Ratio atm.
[MwM] Heiraxes

Special Consul to the Council, Court Jester & Keeper of 'RATSY'

DeltaWing

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 07:40:58 AM »
Hey guys, wow has it ever been a long time since I've heard anything to do with MwM. Good to see some old faces in this forum. I wish some game developer would actually recognize the impact freelancer had on the gamer community and clue in that it might be a good idea to develop something similar. I miss our war hours and missions abroad servers while coordinating over ts. Also good times in the Wild card squad. Also can't forget about that crazy spinning planet in the trianglum system.

Well since over a year ago I have gave away my comp and moved to the great west to seek my fortune with the oil industry. And am pretty busy with the gf, work, car project in the garage, etc. Plus Im on a laptop running windoze vista. With DirectX 10 that isn't compatible with most previous games.

Anyway, I will look into these games and see if I can squeeze some free time. But we'll see...

[MwM]DeltaWing

White_Knight

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 12:27:23 AM »
I would join a space sim. I miss FL, server wars were the best. We were the best clan out there.  ;D  I sell computers builds amd still tell people about the good old days.

Stargate online or Startrek online maybe.

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 12:08:29 AM »
Yes, I have great great interest in Star Trek Online as it progresses along. Stargate Online I wouldn't mind looking into as well, but if I had to choose between them STO for the win.
[MwM] LifesaverM
--=Light for the Lost=--

[MwM]_Firebird

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 04:56:52 PM »
Well it's nice to see that most if us are still trying to stay together. It would definately be nice to get together with the boys again. I've been playing lineage II for a spell, but the game is really disgusting for how hard it is to get anywhere without having adena (in game currency). I recently started playing wow which has a more friendly economy. Hopefully we can all find a common ground with a game that you dont need to pay for (ie subscription fees). That may not happen for us ofcoarse. I'll look into some of the games mentioned hopefully we'll all be training to be the best again soon. Maybe I can even talk MwM Archer into joining us again. Forever a WildCard see you guys in the deck.

As a bit of an after thought...There are free lineage II servers out there I do currently play on one and it offers all the fun of the P2P servers. You do have to download some extra software to play it. Anyways heres the link for it.

http://l2veneta.com/

Maybe it would be fun if we ran our own server for it, but starting it out it would only be us on it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:49:04 PM by [MwM]_Firebird »

White_Knight

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »
Gamespot posted two videos for Jumpgate Evolution: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/jumpgateevolution/videos.html?tag=tabs;videos They compared it to Wing Commander and Freelancer. Should be out this Summer.

SHOTAGS09

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
    • mail order ukrainian brides
The ReBirth of the Midnight Watchmen
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 07:58:51 AM »
Ah, cool, nice one Kris.

Speaking of new stuff, I just got the idea of users on the forums being able to run their own blogs to go alongside the pictures and videos. Then by posting stuff and keeping the community going they can earn more points.