News: We are avid fans of RPG, MMOs, and Space related games. However the occassion FPS is always a "blast".

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: October 16, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report  (Read 55 times)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
October 16, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report
« on: October 16, 2017, 01:08:53 PM »
Greetings Midnight Wurmians,

This is your weekly maintenance and updates report [server patch notes] for the week of Monday, October 16th, 2017.

NEW FEATURES, MODS, FUNCTIONALITY, ETC.:

New Mods & Updates:

More new content this week! A feature that has been LONG requested.... Kingdom Guard Towers!!!!
Yes you too can own a shiny new JK, MR, or HotS style tower for the low low price of just .... wait sorry was channeling my infomercial voice. Anyhow you now have a choice when building your guard towers. Eventually we will have at least 2 more introduced to the game but these 3 are ready now so they are coming out now! For those of you who don't know what the other towers look like please reference the wiki article that has screen shots. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Guard_Tower
Note: While I typed this I clicked the wiki article and noticed the image is outdated. The physical models are the same but the 3 other kingdom towers have had their "skins" refreshed since this image was taken. They look better then the wiki article. I guess like the other stuff I need to get around to taking some screenshots.

The new towers are available under the "Towers" category in your crafting recipe book, and require identical materials to the freedom tower.

As for the content we've released over the last nearly two months: In the example materials village in Twilight all the flags, and banners are on display so you can see them up close. Additionally, for a limited time all the wagons are on display until I can get decent screenies taken and uploaded for them somewhere. I'm not wanting to leave them there forever because well its a lot of messy clutter, and looks a bit trashy. Since tents can not be placed on a deed I don't have an easy way to display them however they are on display on our test server should you want to see them.

Voting Rewards: Last week the Midnight Wurm Control Panel went live. What it can do from a player point of view will not be a lot initially but will continue to gain features as we go. The big initial feature is the ability to receive a reward for voting for our server to the tune of 10 copper per day. While that isn't a lot by itself that can add up to nearly 3 silver over the course of the entire month! You can claim this reward on any of your characters each day, and of course only 1 reward per day. Your character you wish to receive the reward must be online at time of redemption of reward. Upon receiving your reward it will display your bank balance so its a great way to see what you have. Also information about all the villages will be available and some basic info about your toons. Future planned features is the ability to check your live bank balance, details about each of your characters, and more. I'll be updating the website with this link later today. The URL for the Control Panel is http://gs1.mwmgamers.org/wucp

UPDATES

Upgraded the main and test servers to 1.5.2.1 this is only a version bump for the servers no actual changes exist. Fun wurm fact about wurm versions. 1 is the core version number, 5 represents the 'major' branch version, the 2 represents the 'client' version, and the final 1 represents the 'server' version. It's a easy to know if there are client or server changes. So for example when 1.5 went live we had version 1.5.0.1 there have been two client updates hence we are now running 1.5.2.1.

Tweaks and Adjustments:

None this week.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Currently we have a number of projects in the pipeline but here's some details on what is close to breaking the surface and becoming a reality within the next 30 days.

More Potables: A mod author released a mod recently 95that will save me coding work. One of the things I've had on the roadmap is making some more things be plantable in the planters. Additionally this is a big help for long term development because I plan to introduce new plants and some new recipes! To quote a favorite Star Trek: Voyager quote of mine by Capt. Janeway: "There be COFFEE in that nebula!" I love tea but the server requires coffee plain and simple haha. So anyhow I've moved this mod to the test server to begin working with it and running it through the paces. Except this to be released if all goes well by month's end.

Spell Changes: We finally have the ability to control the religion system, and spells in an intelligent way. What this means is we will soon be making the changes to the twin gods we have always planned to execute since their inception. The deities spreadsheet linked on our main page has always outlined the proposed changes, so folks were always aware of what would be coming down the road. Since enough time has passed the changes in the spreadsheet are not considered final and will be re-evaluated. Once the final changes are drafted I will post the notice here in the weekly update and start a forum post thread specifically on the subject so you can provide feedback. Lastly, in the end if you are unsatisfied with the changes to the twins those that are followers of the twins will be granted a free god change without loss of faith. 10/16 Update - The proposed changes have been updated on our deity data spreadsheet, and discussion is open for comments about your support for, disagreement with, and suggestions. http://mwmgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=28884.0

GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS, RAMBLINGS, ETC.:
MONTHLY RAFFLE: As you should all know as a thank-you for voting for our server https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/2668/ each month I give out a prize to 2 lucky voters. There are 2 categories a 15 votes and up (receives a sleep powder), and a everyone category (receives set of 80ql horseshoes). Once the 15+ winner is selected the are then excluded from the everyone category for that month. The winner is announced here after the first maintenance of the new month.

We missed our goal of 200 votes by a mere 15 votes last month. I know we can do it this month! We get special acknowledgement for hitting certain thresholds on the site so let's make it happen. Rock on folks!

STORE UPDATE: I'm please to announce some new highly requested items in our server store. We have added Silver Mirrors that you can purchase so you can now change your character's appearance if you feel you goofed something up or just want a fresh look. (In the future we are also looking to offer an item to allow you to change your toon's sex as well).

Additionally I have added the HotA statues which was the #1 most requested items from our recent player survey results. As that statues serve as a light source at night they come in a standard white glow or for $1 extra you can purchase them with a custom RGB color value of your choosing.

http://wurm.mwmgamers.com/store.html

EDIT: As a special limited time bonus through the end of the month if you purchase 2 or more statues you will receive a free sleep powder. Buy 3 get 2 powders, etc.

GM MERCHANT: - For October we are featuring "Yellow Potions". All potions have been created at 99ql and last ~33 minutes per use. See this wiki entry for full details on this fun and entertaining illusion potion. Each potion is just 15c. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Yellow_potion  As always the monthly special has a buy limit of 2 per player please. For this month there is no buy limit on the potions, and we will continue to restock the trader throughout the month as needed. These are just fun so enjoy. All other items still remaining on the merchant from previous specials have no buy limits.

COMMUNITY ASSISTANTS: Applications for additional community assistants are still open. The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. We are currently looking for 2 additional individuals from any region.

Please join me in welcoming to our CA team:
Valdred

Valdred has been a player of wurm for even longer than I and you don't find as many wurm veterans that old mature wise, meh you get the idea that have stuck with the game this long. He's been wurming since the 'gold' release and that's way over a decade. That's really saying something. We are very excited to have him join the team and assisting you our players customers.

RL/OTHER: We are currently running an auction for a SUPREME rarity large cart which runs thru next Thursday. As a note rarity does effect max vehicle speed. Check out the post for more. http://mwmgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=28879.0

FUN FACT: There are 900 potato fields on the server right now, the highest of any one crop. Currently there are 5,529 total tiles being used by fields on the server. (Wemp and cotton hold the 2nd and 3rd place).

As always if you need support always feel free to open a support ticket in world so that your GM team can track your request and respond in a timely manner.
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha