News: Check out the [MwM] Resources Directory thread in the General Discussion forum. It contains information about our Team Speak, and all of our various sites & resources.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Proposed changes to Stjerna and Stjarna  (Read 95 times)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
Proposed changes to Stjerna and Stjarna
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:05:13 PM »
Thank-you for your patience as its taken longer to get this out than planned. The time has come to make some changes to our twin gods in the name of balance and god theme.

Stjarna came out pretty balanced from the start so I'm proposing minimal changes to her. She is also the only god to be truly neutral at 0 in her alignment. She has spells one could consider both good and evil and that fits.

Stjerna on the other hand has full positive alignment like Fo yet has a number of evil (Lib spells) that simply don't make sense with his lore. Stjerna ideology wise is a blend of Fo and Vynora, a healer, command of water and plants, and watcher of creatures and man.

Reference our lore as a guide: http://wurm.mwmgamers.com/world.html

The Deity Data spreadsheet has been updated with my proposed changes. This thread is to discuss those changes. Offer up your support of a change or lack thereof or counter proposal with a new idea. If offering a new suggestion be sure it keeps with the theme and explain why the change should happen and offer your logic behind it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sKAZrEWjPEAbA87wnvXimBQGb8CTrbC1bvLjH9bk7aY
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha

DouganIronfist

• Whispering Bystander
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed changes to Stjerna and Stjarna
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 05:47:47 PM »
These changes look fine too be and do help the balance.  The only one I disagree with is removing Break Altar from Stjerna.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe this is mainly a PVP spell.  If you add a PVP server eventually, then the removal of this spell would be a disadvantage to Stjerna priests.

I would not that this spell CAN be used to damage the Altar of Three or the Bone Altar, but only if all the priests on the server for a specific deity have a combined Faith of 5000 or more.  That would 50 priests with 100 Faith each.  I don't think there is too much danger of the primary altars being destroyed any time soon.

- Dougan Ironfist

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:03:03 PM »
You know looking that over again I think that was the wrong spell. All priests have break altar so I made a goof there. I need to reduce Stjerna's total spell count by one for fairness so need to choose something else. Looking over my old notes again I think I intended to remove Tentacles since its similar to the other tile spells and Stjerna will already have Ice Pillar and Tornado for AOEs.

If someone has another suggestion feel free.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:15:20 PM by [MwM] LifesaverM »
[MwM] LifesaverM
--=Light for the Lost=--

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 01:05:22 AM »
With the discussion period over I will be moving forward with the changes. You can now consider the proposed changes finalized with the modifications to be released in the next few weeks.
[MwM] LifesaverM
--=Light for the Lost=--