News: We are avid fans of RPG, MMOs, and Space related games. However the occassion FPS is always a "blast".

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: October 2, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report  (Read 65 times)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
October 2, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »
Greetings Midnight Wurmians,

This is your weekly maintenance and updates report [server patch notes] for the week of Monday, October 2nd, 2017.

NEW FEATURES, MODS, FUNCTIONALITY, ETC.:

New Mods & Updates:

New Content!!!: We have been releasing new content for the past five weeks. The first wave is a new twist on existing content aka additional textures and options. So onward! This week we are releasing a small batch the 3 additional kingdom pavilions! What I've done is make the pavilions for the other 3 major kingdoms craft-able. So far now in this wave we have released Flags, Banners, Tall Banners, Tents, Wagons, and now Pavilions! To craft them you'll see them under the Tents category in your crafting recipes book (Press N). Enjoy!

One note about the "Plain" wagon from last week. If you craft a plain wagon it will temporarily look like a Freedom Isles wagon. This will be resolved once we release our next custom graphics pack update very soon. It works completely as it should but will have the wrong skin temporarily. This wagon has no kingdom crests on it and has a redish/orange w/ white trim fabric (preview below).

What's next: Well CodeClub finally announced the next WU update is back on track and the beta is expected out in the next week (still waiting) with the live release in a few weeks. This means we need time to port all our new code into the new version and make sure there are no issues. Plus test all our mods, etc. for compatibility issues. There are always things that break with an update so I need to concentrate on the update providing the time table for release doesn't get bumped again. So at this point new content releases will be on hold until the WU update is live so I can focus my energy on making sure the update goes smooth as silk. Until the beta is released I will be continuing my work on the additional guard towers.

I need to postpone the release of the tabards.  :'( Code wise they have been complete, and are working well on the test server however, getting everyone's client to see them visually has become a problem. Currently the only way would be for every player to copy a file into their client's graphics.jar file which I'm trying to avoid. This is the approach other servers who have done this as well has done but I have several concerns about this method. I'm discussing a solution with some of the other WU modding brains to find a better way as currently I can't push this particular file out with a custom pack like other content.

In the example materials village in Twilight all the flags, and banners are on display so you can see them up close. Additionally, for a limited time all the wagons are on display until I can get decent screenies taken and uploaded for them somewhere. I'm not wanting to leave them there forever because well its a lot of messy clutter, and looks a bit trashy. Since tents can not be placed on a deed I don't have an easy way to display them however they are on display on our test server should you want to see them.

In-game Bank Balance Check: Reminder we recently released a mod to allow us to finally type /balance in chat to get your bank balance. Spread the word! Figure since we have so many new folks I'd leave the reminder in for a few weeks.

UPDATES

None this week.

Tweaks and Adjustments:

None this week.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Currently we have a number of projects in the pipeline but here's some details on what is close to breaking the surface and becoming a reality within the next 30 days.

More Potables: A mod author released a mod recently 95that will save me coding work. One of the things I've had on the roadmap is making some more things be plantable in the planters. Additionally this is a big help for long term development because I plan to introduce new plants and some new recipes! To quote a favorite Star Trek: Voyager quote of mine by Capt. Janeway: "There be COFFEE in that nebula!" I love tea but the server requires coffee plain and simple haha. So anyhow I've moved this mod to the test server to begin working with it and running it through the paces. Except this to be released if all goes well by month's end.

Voting Rewards: Within the next few weeks we hope to release a new web control panel on our site. What it can do from a player point of view will not be a lot initially but will continue to gain features as we go. The initial feature that will be released is the ability to receive a reward for voting for our server to the tune of 10 copper per day. While that isn't a lot by itself that can add up to nearly 3 silver over the course of the entire month! You can claim this reward on any of your characters each day, and of course only 1 reward per day. Upon receiving your reward it will display your bank balance so its a great way to see what you have if you aren't near a deed token. Also information about the villages will be available and some basic info about your toons. Future planned features is the ability to check your live bank balance, details about each of your characters, and more. 10/2 Update - We are extremely close to releasing this tool now. Just one more tidbit needs to be refined I hope to have an update soon.

Spell Changes: We finally have the ability to control the religion system, and spells in an intelligent way. What this means is we will soon be making the changes to the twin gods we have always planned to execute since their inception. The deities spreadsheet linked on our main page has always outlined the proposed changes, so folks were always aware of what would be coming down the road. Since enough time has passed the changes in the spreadsheet are not considered final and will be re-evaluated. Once the final changes are drafted I will post the notice here in the weekly update and start a forum post thread specifically on the subject so you can provide feedback. Lastly, in the end if you are unsatisfied with the changes to the twins those that are followers of the twins will be granted a free god change without loss of faith. 10/2 Update - I've had a chance to review my old notes and have updated some information I should have a post out this next week detailing the exact changes and opening the floor for discussion.

Admin Phase 2: 8/14 Update - A few weeks ago we partnered with another developer on this project so that other server operators will be able to take advantage of project. We've already laid out a development plan and have begun work. 9/18 Update - Progress has been amazing and Alpha testing has begun. We hope to move the beta code to the live server in the next couple weeks, and release the new player side component. 10/2 Update - Moved project to beta status and rolled out to the live server for additional testing.

GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS, RAMBLINGS, ETC.:
MONTHLY RAFFLE: As you should all know as a thank-you for voting for our server https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/2668/ each month I give out a prize to 2 lucky voters. There are 2 categories a 15 votes and up (receives a sleep powder), and a everyone category (receives set of 80ql horseshoes). Once the 15+ winner is selected the are then excluded from the everyone category for that month. The winner is announced here after the first maintenance of the new month.

We missed our goal of 200 votes by a mere 15 votes last month. I know we can do it this month! We get special acknowledgement for hitting certain thresholds on the site so let's make it happen. Rock on folks!

New month so time to announce winners!

15+ Votes Category: Drake

Everyone Category: Lawenforcer

GM MERCHANT: - For October we are featuring "Yellow Potions". All potions have been created at 99ql and last ~33 minutes per use. See this wiki entry for full details on this fun and entertaining illusion potion. Each potion is just 15c. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Yellow_potion  As always the monthly special has a buy limit of 2 per player please. For this month there is no buy limit on the potions, and we will continue to restock the trader throughout the month as needed. These are just fun so enjoy. All other items still remaining on the merchant from previous specials have no buy limits.

COMMUNITY ASSISTANTS: Applications for additional community assistants are still open. The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. We are currently looking for 2 additional individuals from any region.

RL/OTHER: Monthly finance report: We received $69.45 in donations and convenience store purchases for the month of September against our expenses of $180. In comparison we received $115.76 for the month of August. Thank-you, every dollar helps.

The long pier at Twilight was modified to have two colored lamps like the other piers to improve navigation aid purposes. The colored lamps follow RL nautical beacon/bouy approach code green on your left (port side) and red on your right (starboard side).

FUN FACT: There are currently 149 hell hounds, and 317 cave bugs on the server.

As always if you need support always feel free to open a support ticket in world so that your GM team can track your request and respond in a timely manner.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:29:31 AM by [MwM] LifesaverM »
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha