News: We are avid fans of RPG, MMOs, and Space related games. However the occassion FPS is always a "blast".

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: August 7, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report  (Read 95 times)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
August 7, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report
« on: August 07, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
Greetings Midnight Wurmians,

This is your weekly maintenance and updates report [server patch notes] for the week of Monday, August 7th, 2017.

NEW FEATURES, MODS, FUNCTIONALITY, ETC.:

New Mods & Updates:

No New Mods this week.

AGO's Mod Loader - Server side of the AGO Mod Loader was updated with a small bug fix. Nothing of note from a player's perspective.

Season Helper - The mod the reports on the active and upcoming season has been update. No more "NONE" is in season messages.

Stablemaster - Minor update that includes a better token naming convention, and a couple redemption bugfixes such as redeeming a token underground placing the critter on the surface instead.

Tweaks and Adjustments:

Tree Spread - Trees and bushes have always spread like rabbits and I dare say even close to warranting tribble classification on our server. The rate has never been adjusted we've run it at the default rate. I have slowed the spread rate slightly to make them more balanced and sensible. This wasn't a significant adjustment and it should be noted that this change does not effect tree/bush growth rates only the spread (seeding) rate. Going to monitor this over the next two weeks and review.

Bank Update: A reminder: You can now expand your default 5 slot bank to up to 20 slots. Upgrades can be obtained from http://wurm.mwmgamers.com/store.html, all funds generated from these upgrades automatically go to our server upkeep fund.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Currently we have a number of projects in the pipeline but here's some details on what is close to breaking the surface and becoming a reality within the next 30 days.

A new spell!: I'm removing the status updates on this project until its closer to reality.

Admin Phase 2: I've begun work on the 2nd Phase of our own custom Admin framework and tweaks. This is in a very early stage now, and will post progress once it is available.

Mission Hints: I've begun experimenting with a mod that can help make the locating of the missions' targets a bit easier such as the 'traitors', or say that 1 tree a god wants gone. This also gives us significant controls over how the missions are generated, types, and quite a bit more. I currently have this on the test server, and will report as testing progresses if we are moving forward with it or not. Feedback on this mod would be appreciated.

Paving Tweak: This new mod looks at all the new paving types and considers we like to change things. Well this makes changing paving types a bit easier by allowing you to 'pave over' an existing paved tile rather than having to destroy it first, repack the ground, and pave again. Our group is one of the first to experiment with this bug and one of the few people to help the author bug test. This is currently on the test server, and as above will report as it progresses and if you are moving forward with it. I would very much like feedback on if people want this mod or not. Please reply to this post and state your support for or against it (and why if you can).

Item Move Mod: We experimented with a few mods over the course of time that helped with the moving if items to and from bulk storage containers. Specifically dealing with the issue if bypassing your personal carry weight when transferring items from container to container directly. I've been unimpressed with such offerings in the past and tested them as problematic. However, a trusted modder has released a new mod that is intelligently coded to prevent the issues others have had. It introduces a new action which makes the mod less likely to break when game updates happen. This mod is very new but I'm liking the coding methods. I've moved this to the test server to begin testing today.

GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS, RAMBLINGS, ETC.:
MONTHLY RAFFLE: As you should all know as a thank-you for voting for our server https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/2668/ each month I give out a prize to a luck voter. The winner is announced here after the first maintenance of the new month.

GM MERCHANT: - July's limited supply of garden gnomes are still available for 1 silver there are about 10 remaining. The original buy limit of 2 per player is lifted for those wanting an extra 1 or 2 to add to their collections. For August we are featuring "Oil of the Weapon Smith". These potions normally require red dragon blood and source salt to be crafted thus are extremely rare. Improving weapon smithing products using a tool that has been Imbued by the oil will be easier. Note: Power of the effect will wear down slowly, it is not permanent. Activate the potion and right-click tool you want to imbue. Select "Alchemy > Imbue" from the menu. Examine the imbued tool to see what effect (ranging to 100) does the imbue have.Due to the rarity of these they will be offered for 5s a piece for 90ql and 2.5s for 50ql. We are placing an initial limit of 2 per person (real not per character), you can buy 2 of both quality levels.

HIGHWAY MAP: The official planned highway map on our website has been updated to include all the so far assigned official highway numbers. So next time someone says take Highway 50 out of town then turn at Highway 25 you'll know what the heck they are talking about. This will get revised and updated as appropriate. One day once the majority of the major highways are in I'll totally redraw it since proposed routes and actual don't always agree and that's ok. ex) Highway 46 is redrew since the completed highway took a different path than the proposed map. The proposed routes did not account for deed placements nor actual terrain so its expected they may end up a bit different in their completed form. To download http://wurm.mwmgamers.com/world.html visit the World page and scroll to the bottom you'll see it on the right.

COMMUNITY ASSISTANTS: Applications for additional community assistants are still open. The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. At this moment my thoughts are I'm looking for 2 individuals in different time zones but this not set in stone. I will leave applications open for a few weeks and see what kind of response it generates.

CODING PROGRESS: I have a good working knowledge of how to make items craftable. In testing I have made complex creations that require multiple components. However simple crafted items like say Tool + Raw Item = Finished Item work but are appearing a dozen times in the crafting book. Go figure the complex would be easier to code, lol. I am currently looking into a number of other code areas including titles, achievements, and a bunch of others. The idea here is to introduce unique criteria for our server's use. In other news I've run into a lot of problems with introducing new models in the game. They all show up drunk on their side and the textures are not applying correctly. This isn't a game coding issue but a graphics mesh model issue but still something that's relevant. I have acquired a number of new 3D model assets for use in testing processes and some are assets that I hope to eventually introduce to our world. As a teaser some of these assets might be furniture related.  :o If any of you have experience with DAE aka Collada models please let me know.

RL/OTHER: We have a ton of community projects that need some TLC, and are compensated with payment. From building new highways to leveling existing highways to clear cutting some trees and planting new ones, etc. If you are interested in making some coin please contact me to discuss. Some of these projects are tedious and I'm quite willing on a case by case basis to provide incentives beyond our standard silver payments depending on the amount of work involved. While working on a project materials if you wish can be provided. For example for highways you can provide your own bricks to also help boost your masonry, or we can provide them. For the trees projects we will automatically provide the sprouts because you'll be needing so many.

QUESTS: I'm looking for ideas to develop some of our first quests/missions on the server. If you'd like to pick an idea to me I'm all ears. Quests development in this game is a pain and cumbersome but it is quite versatile. A mission can include multiple stages and triggers. If can involve going to a specific place, performing a certain action, killing something, making something, etc. Just about anything you can do in the game can be turned into a trigger to start/end/move to next stage a quest.

FUN FACT: We have 218 buildings consisting of 4,398 wall sections and 2.979 floor sections on our server.

As always if you need support always feel free to open a support ticket in world so that I and the other GM staff know you need assistance. I have the ability to see tickets, and their status even if I'm not in-world to keep tabs on things. Additionally if its something you don't feel is ticket worthy I always welcome PMs here on the forums.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:18:18 AM by [MwM] LifesaverM »
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha