News: In MwM's currently officially supports Rust and Wurm Unlimited.

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: June 05, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report  (Read 202 times)

[MwM] LifesaverM

• [MwM] Clan Leader
  • Fast Talker
  • [MwM] Clan Leader
    • View Profile
June 05, 2017 - Weekly Maintenance and Updates Report
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:54:05 AM »
Greetings Midnight Wurmians,

This is your weekly maintenance and updates report [server patch notes] for the week of Monday, June 5th, 2017.

NEW FEATURES, MODS, FUNCTIONALITY, ETC.:

New Mod: No new mods this week.

A reminder though: The ship wood types are here. You must have at a minimum AGO's client mod launcher and the server packs mod installed to take advantage of this. This is a large 200+MB download so keep in mind you will not see the textures immediately. Once the automatic download is complete the textures should automatically change live while in game, however if they do not you should see them on your next login. To verify you have the file it gets installed where ever you have steam installed \Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\Wurm Launcher\packs\ in this folder you'll see a couple 40 character long file names .jar. (Ex. 051F4B05E53543C7A3C22858583BF5860A04229DF.jar) If a file shows incomplete (file name will end with .incomplete) it is most likely still downloading.

Mod Updates: No updated mods today.

Bank Update: Hoping to be ready to make the bank upgrade functionality available to the public by next week's maintenance.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Currently we have a number of projects in the pipeline but here's some details on what is close to breaking the surface and becoming a reality within the next 30 days.

A new spell!: Our twin gods Stjerna and Stjarna are both getting a new custom spell. This spell will allow the caster to reduce the number of days an animal 'bakes' in their mother's oven before being born. Priests of Stjerna or Stjarna with a minimum of 60 Faith will be able to cast this spell, similarly compared w/ Fo's Genesis spell. We are still experimenting on the favor required, cooldown, and difficulty levels that the spell will be configured for. Update: The mod author has unfortunately gotten tied up in RL and is unable to assist at this time. I have resumed work on this myself. Unfortunately this has thrown the release time table out the window but progress is being made none-the-less. I have a couple working theories I'm exploring and am pretty hopeful I'll have something to report back soon. 5/29 - I've figured some things out this week, and work is progressing pretty well I'd say. 6/5 - I have the spell basically coded correctly now, and will begin testing on the test server. There is one bug with overall gestation times this introduces I need to figure out and looks like we'll finally be able to make this a reality.

Admin tweak: I've also been working on a couple things that really only effect the GM staff, but have been a pain in our side. A couple of these updates will be ready in the next few weeks. You'll see me mention this because we have a number of planned GM tool tweaks to make happen in the months ahead in several release waves. As we all know some things in this game are not 'simple' and same 'rule' apply to existing GM processes as well. Update: I've also resumed work on this when I need to put the spell mod down to purge my brain. LOL

GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS, RAMBLINGS, ETC.:
MONTHLY RAFFLE: As you should all know as a thank-you for voting for our server https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/2668/ each month I give out a prize to a luck voter. The may winner will receive a set of 99ql horseshoes. Congratulations to the May Voter, the winner is.........

Xiled

COMMUNITY ASSISTANTS: Last week we opened up applications for additional community assistants. The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. At this moment my thoughts are I'm looking for 2 individuals in different time zones but this not set in stone. I will leave applications open for a few weeks and see what kind of response it generates.

SANDSTONE: Just a reminder....

In the interim if you discover a vein please open a support ticket and I'll manually re-roll the tile for you. Not a perfect solution but at least a solution. If you have already exhausted the tile that's perfectly fine I know where all the veins on the server originally spawned to verify you had one and can give you a new one. Please include in the ticket the quality if you prospected it (looking for poor, normal, good, very good, etc. not necessarily numerical value), if not we'll go to the spot where it was and confirm.

SPAWNS: This week the 3rd wave of overall critter increases has happened please provide some feedback on what you are seeing out in world. Any certain areas void of life, abnormal oddities, overloads, etc.

RL/OTHER: Everything is set for me to begin my new degree July 1st. Just waiting on a couple minor details to get finished up this week. I got some work done on the new spell mod this week but unfortunately that was about it. Got another [insert dirty word here] sinus infection!  >:( Second one this year now, so I've been down and out. Just starting to feel a bit better today, and I know I have a few things I promised to a few folks I'd get done last week. My apologizes and I will do my best to get caught up this week.

As always if you need support always feel free to open a support ticket in world so that I and the other GM staff know you need assistance. I have the ability to see tickets, and their status even if I'm not in-world to keep tabs on things. Additionally if its something you don't feel is ticket worthy I always welcome PMs here on the forums.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:42:41 AM by [MwM] LifesaverM »
[MwM] LifesaverM
Clan Leader & Grand Pumba of Peachiness
--=Light for the Lost=--
Midnight Wurm: Gmlife (GM), Maintenance (GM), Lifesaverm, Litha