News: In MwM's currently officially supports Rust and Wurm Unlimited.

Login  |  Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
WU - Wurm Unlimited / Re: Stuck - Waiting for steam authentication
« Last post by Valdred on December 11, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
I'm never getting in a boat with Valdred again :)

Bahahahaha sorry m8
« Last post by mehtryx on December 11, 2017, 01:46:37 PM »
Yeah.  Well it was a group effort, Ducky and I are both sorry as well to have been in the boat of delinquents.  On a side note.  Blessed and I are impacted by losing our god after crossing... :/  I put in a support ticket, but anyway, I suppose worst case..start over revisiting the white light.
« Last post by Blessedbeard on December 11, 2017, 12:36:35 PM »
Thank you, Life!  Sorry for the trouble.
« Last post by [MwM] LifesaverM on December 11, 2017, 12:25:12 PM »
Yes, and your group trip seem to have taken place right about the time I went to bed. As I mentioned in today's notes I'm not sure what caused the login server to freeze up, paladins was fine but with no way to login no love.

Then, as luck would have it... After maintenance today steam would not talk any of the servers a while never seen this issue before so not sure if it was something steam related or not. I've seen this happen with a couple other game before when the steam HLTV platform doesn't respond fast enough so might be can't find any other reason so I'm running with that for now.

Anyhow all is well again.
« Last post by Blessedbeard on December 11, 2017, 11:26:21 AM »
I'm never getting in a boat with Valdred again :)
Greetings Midnight Wurmians,

This is your weekly maintenance and updates report [server patch notes] for the week of Monday, December 11th, 2017.

Sorry about last night, seems the login server crashed just as I was crawling into bed around 10PM EST. As the process didn't actually shut down my alert program didn't trigger. Not sure what I can do to resolve that but I will be looking into it for sure.

NEW FEATURES, MODS, FUNCTIONALITY, ETC.:

New Mods & Updates:

No new mods this week.

UPDATES

Updated AGO's Mod Launcher Framework to the latest server version (0.32.1). Minor patch fix for the last update.

Tweaks and Adjustments:

Spell Changes: The proposed spell changes to our two custom gods Stjerna and Stjarna is finally complete. Please reference the following spreadsheet if you have not been following the process.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sKAZrEWjPEAbA87wnvXimBQGb8CTrbC1bvLjH9bk7aY/edit?usp=sharing

Additionally the requirements for the "Rites" have been modified to make it a bit easier for our population to realistically be able to cast them. This is subject to change, as we all experiment with being able to accomplish them. If they need further adjusting I will adjust. All rites now required 4K banked favor with the respective god and will consume 2K favor. For those that are not familiar with the rites this favor pool is the pool of the god not the individual. Every time someone prays to their god (doesn't matter if you personally earn faith or not) 1 favor point goes into that god's favor pool.

Several of the gods already have the required favor, so let's see what happens. These require some coordination to do the casting so priests have at it and get to linking. :D

Some additional changes:
- When Holy Crop Rite is cast a new added bonus is a server wide "Genesis" will be cast along with it. Animals will have a 1 in 10 chance of having a bad trait removed from them.
- Overriding the game's default way of determining the required amount of players to be present to perform rites. Rite of Spring in particular with is normally (number of active player accounts / 15). As this factors in alts it can throw the number to an unrealistic level for server pop levels WU sees. Right now this is capped at 10 and again subject to change as we determine what's realistic for our community.
- Since some of Libila's followers have some abilities gimped since she was never meant to work on a PvE server. She has required a lot of modifications to make work, I felt the following was a fair compensation for not all of her abilities being available on Paladins. Scorn of Libila will now apply the max of 2 wounds healed, even if damage is not dealt. This should be particularly helpful during boss fights to help group survivability.
- When you examine critters now they will show the names of any active buffs in a manner similar to examining an item and how it reports enchants. This applies to spells like Excel, Truehit, Oakshell, etc.

Let me know what you think of the changes in a reply to this thread and we will tweak as we go.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Currently we have a number of projects in the pipeline but here's some details on what is close to breaking the surface and becoming a reality very soon.

White Light Altar: So a lot of critters have moved into the white light altar area of late. Anyone who has been up there this last week will notice there are "Peacekeeper" NPC guards present sporting yellow tabards. These aren't normal freedom tower guards, and are there to help protect visitors. Since building is not permitted within 100 tiles of either of the great altars I'm considering a move. Many of you have seen the northern most central island on the map has had GM Reserved markers on it since the server launched. This was always the planned site to potentially move the white altar to. Because of how the great altars work its not a simple matter to just GM spawn a new one somewhere else. Thus the reason its never been moved yet. However, I think the time has come to make the change. I have some trials to do in a test environment and need to construct out landscaping and decorations of the island first as even a GM can't build in a the proximity of a great altar, except for some basics like the stone benches I installed a while back. So the island needs to be totally finished before the move. 12/11 - Hoping to have this complete by 12/18.

Current Coding Project: Not a lot to report, but coding of the cog/caravel modification for the loading range (and the ability to load a wagon on a Cog) is complete. Was moved to the test server, all looks good will release next week. 12/11 - Caught one minor bug fixing, and testing again should be released on 12/18.

Dye Overhaul: One of the code projects I'm working on is a major overhaul to the dye system. Making woad easier to obtain was a part of that. Long term I plan to introduce cacti into the game that will be desert biomes like lingonberry bushes are to tundra. The cacti will be harvestable and will provide a chance for several items. Cactus flesh and cactus fruit for eating/cooking/recipes, source of water like fog spiders, and most importantly cochineals which IRL cacti are the the real source of the insect that create this substance. In the mean time I will be experimenting with increasing their drop rate on cave bugs, and also giving another critter a chance to drop them (maybe spiders) temporarily. They will still be dropped on scorpions for now as well, after the overhaul is complete this might go away though since scorps not not a legit source. I'm sure the devs did that for availability purposes.

But what there's more! If you order right now.... err wrong show sorry.  8)
I'm taking it a step further and while technically since the color system in Wurm is based on RGB with the right number of mixes and patience you can create almost any color; I feel color is the spice of life and because of how hard it is to mix colors just right and get the right qualities, etc. etc. etc. we need more options. So I will be introducing all the RGB secondary colors to the game as well: Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan.

I'm head deep in the color system code and well on my way to making this a reality. I've already worked up the crafting recipes and come up with logical materials to create them from items already in game. For example IRL a historical source of yellow dye is a combination of lead and tin oxides. Since we don't have to worry about the hazards of lead in wurm this will be a great way to deal with another passion of mine; giving some of the lesser used materials in the game more life. Depending on how well this project goes I might even take it a step further and introduce the tertiary colors so you have a lot of control in creating just the right blend for your personal tastes and style. But regardless as is stands you sometimes need to mix dye 3 times or more to get certain colors and that I think is a bit overboard.

12/11 Update - I plan to resume work on this project this week. The priorities will be finishing the cog/caravel tweaks and moving the white light so may be next week depending.

GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING ITEMS, RAMBLINGS, ETC.:
Server Travel: So a bunch of you discovered you can travel between Paladins and the login server. Technically this shouldn't have been possible as no "edges" were configured on paladins to link to another neighbor for the purposes of travel. The login server does have Paladins configured as its North neighbor so that travel should exist but the rest technically not. Eventually as we have more servers and this is how things would work but since the login server is really just going to be the tutorial area I wasn't planning to have folks be able to travel to it. As I mentioned yesterday afternoon to everyone that happened to be online at the time, I have plenty of irons that need attention so I'm not looking into this right now. So enjoy the "shortcuts" in the meanwhile. Do keep in mind building is not permitted on the login server, so any 'construction' will be removed.

MONTHLY RAFFLE: As you should all know as a thank-you for voting for our server https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/2668/ each month I give out a prize to 2 lucky voters. There are 2 categories a 15 votes and up (receives a sleep powder), and a everyone category (receives set of 80ql horseshoes). Once the 15+ winner is selected the are then excluded from the everyone category for that month. The winner is announced here after the first maintenance of the new month. Claim your daily reward at the: Midnight Wurm Control Panel

GM MERCHANT: - For December we are featuring not 1 but 3 specials. First, are "soft caps" aka the red santa hats. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Soft_cap They are for sale for meager price of 1s a piece. Next, we have the Yule Reindeer and the Yule Goats which are both for sale for 2s a piece. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Yule_reindeer / https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Yule_goat
As always the monthly special has a buy limit of 2 per player please. For the month of December there are NO buy limits. Buy as much as you want and if something runs out open a ticket, PM me over steam or here on the forums or all the above so I do a restock. All other items still remaining on the merchant from previous specials have no buy limits.

NOTE: Since everything will not fit on one merchant the hats on on the normal GM merchant the Yule decorations are on a separate merchant by the Farming Merchant and Temp Trader where the 2nd temp trader used to be.

COMMUNITY ASSISTANTS: Applications for additional community assistants are still open. The form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/aO88EqM80cYVwW9C3
This is a volunteer position and can be done while on your regular toon, doing your own things. No special character is required for this position. The short description of the position is a person who assists the community by monitoring the CA HELP and Freedom chat channels. They provide answers to questions to the best of their ability about the game mechanics and the community. Provide links to relevant wiki pages, or forum posts as relevant. Assist the Game Masters with basic player support tasks as able/willing, and responds to or adds notes to support tickets within their scope. Update: We are currently looking for 2-4 additional individuals from any region.

RL/OTHER: I am very grateful to all who donated or made a purchase last month. Serena and I ensure the "lights" stay on here but the next few months are very tight so I can't even say how sincerely appreciative we truly are. You all know I find asking for money distasteful but even $5 or $10 can make the difference in getting us to our goal.

This month marks our 1 year server anniversary (24th). I have just a few more details to work out and should have an announcement ready for you by next week. Some of the celebration will last over the holidays and into the new year for a full month of stuff and fun.

FUN FACT: There are currently 208 branded critters on Paladins, and 50 prego critters.

As always if you need support always feel free to open a support ticket in world so that your GM team can track your request and respond in a timely manner.
« Last post by Trepida on December 11, 2017, 03:50:15 AM »
Well I passed the steam authentication I thing as I get the start screen with the four characters standing together in the center as the bar pass through the steps to login abd gets 80-85% done and times out on the connecting to the server.  Yet I know its open as 7 players are logged in.  I can log into other servers.
« Last post by [MwM] Heiraxes on December 11, 2017, 03:28:24 AM »
See. I told Life he shouldn't leave us alone too long. We tend to break things. Like the Server. LOL
« Last post by mehtryx on December 10, 2017, 10:59:28 PM »
Seems like were all stuck...inadvertently discovered a bug?  Going to have to call it a night I guess, and hope Life gets on to check it out ( not sure if this is affecting just us or everyone... ) Will check back in morning.  Valdred was sending him a direct message to try and get this in front of Life sooner than later.
« Last post by mehtryx on December 10, 2017, 10:47:09 PM »
Yeah, same for Valdred, talking to him on TS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10